Lower Mainland Junior Kennel Club resumes in 2016 after a 2 year hiatus.
7:00 pm. Membership requirements and registration.
Obedience Instructor: Mrs Maureen Murray.
Conformation Instructors: Mr Wayne Davidson, Mrs Teresa Whitehead.
||2, 9, 30
||6, 13, 20, 27
||1, 8, 15, 22, 29
||5, 12, 19, 26
The Lower Mainland Dog Fanciers of B.C. was organized in 1984 as a registered non-profit society. Our first dog show was held in October 1986 and the members have built this annual October event into the Largest Dog Show in Canada. This show is held the last weekend in October and draws public spectator attendance of unequaled numbers. We also hold our three day show each spring at the at the Agri-Plex, Cloverdale Fairgrounds, Surrey B.C. We have set the standard for Quality in Dog Shows in Canada.
The objectives of the club are to promote the welfare of purebred dogs and to create an appreciation, on the part of the public, of the value of purebred dogs.
Our members come from varied backgrounds, have a love of different breeds of dogs and participate in many aspects of the sport. This brings diversity and knowledge to our club. Most notable is the work ethic, great energy and support of each other.
LMDF's charitable support has been directed towards these organizations:
- Parent Club of the Lower Mainland Junior Kennel Club
- RCMP 'Canine Squad' - donation for the purchase of 4 "Bullet Proof Vests"
- Canadian Guide Dog For The Blind
- Pacific Assistance Dog Society
- West Coast Spay & Neuter Society
- Dog Legislation Committee of Canada
- Camp Jubilee (Send a Kid to Camp)
- SPCA Biscuit Fund
- Abbotsford SPCA
- The Variety Club
- Mission Humane Society
- The Food Bank
- Canuck Place
- Canadian Animal Assistance Team (Katrina Animal Rescue)
- Last Door Society
- Union Gospel Mission
- Education of the public in the care & training of dogs and responsible dog ownership